The new season starts here!
We’re all looking forward to another exciting new season, this season also sees the start of a new way of how we will be teaching kids rugby. Over the next few weeks both parents and players will be learning about this new progressive way to introduce our game to children.
Rugby Union is a great game to be involved in as a player, teacher, coach, parent, spectator, referee or volunteer and enjoyment is the key to keeping people in the game longer. The aim of Old Mutual Wealth Kids First is to give children an experience that helps them flourish and enhances their enjoyment of rugby for life.
By better understanding what children want and need we are able to support their development through rugby and the adoption of its core values; Teamwork, Respect, Enjoyment, Discipline and Sportsmanship remain central to the development of the game.
To support this, we have committed to;
- Put children at the heart of everything we do and all decisions we make.
- Encourage fun on the pitch, through equal opportunity and realistic expectations of our children.
- Develop children’s confidence and character as players and as people, challenging any behaviour that conflicts with this.
- Build the skills of our adults to provide a safe, healthy, respectful and enjoyable environment for children.
- Champion rugby’s core values, inspiring a lifelong bond between children, adults and our sport.